Azure devops docker service connection's service principal been removed

 

An issue with an Azure DevOps Docker service connection where the service principal is no longer available. As I have limited access to my organization AD, I am unable to carry out much investigation. I suspect the service principal has been removed.

This is not the same as service principal expired where you can

For expired service principal token

  • Go to your Azure DevOps project settings and navigate to Service connections.
  • Locate the Docker service connection using a service principal.
  • Click Edit on the connection.
  • In the edit window, click Verify. This attempts to refresh the token using the existing credentials.

In my case, didn't even have a "verify" button - so i suspect this is more for Azure ARM Manager. 

Or a variation of the workaround from stackoverflow link where you need to remove the secret before making meaningless update to re-generate the secret.

To resolve it, i have to change my Docker service connection to use "Other" and setup the following 




Why didn't I consider using Managed Identity for this setup? The managed identity is suitable for use-case scenario whereby you have a VM running as an agent pool that pushes images to your ACR.

I didn't wanted to re-create the docker service connection because there's 30 over projects tied to this. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The specified initialization vector (IV) does not match the block size for this algorithm