Microsoft Extra - Authorizing 3rd party OIDC provider using Auth0 token - There is an issue with the key ''. It has both x5t and x5c values, but they do not match. Please make sure the x5t value is the Base64Url-encoded SHA-1 thumbprint of the first certificate in x5c.


I am getting the following error trying to merge an SSL cert with the item I created in Key Vault to get the CSR for the order.

Error information
CODE
BadParameter

MESSAGE
Something went wrong with the certificate creation.

RAW ERROR
Property x5c has invalid value X5C must have at least one valid item

I found the below linked question but the solution does not work as my cert has the documented solution and I still get the error.

I have put a comment on that question as well as raising this one to try and get a response to the issue.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/713593/got-the-error-while-merging-the-certificate-in-azu.html

So I am looking for a solution so I can import the certificate and create the additional items required for the web site.

Sample of my post and the token obtain from Auth0


curl --location 'https://login.microsoftonline.com/mytenant/oauth2/v2.0/token' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
--data-urlencode 'client_id=d74ebcdd-124c-4956-a12a-8362530a01ce' \
--data-urlencode 'grant_type=client_credentials' \
--data-urlencode 'scope=https://graph.microsoft.com/.default' \
--data-urlencode 'client_assertion=my-client-assertions' \
--data-urlencode 'client_assertion_type=urn:ietf:params:oauth:client-assertion-type:jwt-bearer'

Posting request body as json doesn't work and not accepted either. 

The problem is the token issued by Auth0 is a bit problematic - as shown in. It is different compare to jwt token generated by Google. 


I tried with jwt token provided by Google and my federated credential integration works. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The specified initialization vector (IV) does not match the block size for this algorithm