Pushing your own image to docker registry (over the cloud)



I am doing this because well, i needed to use kubernetes to run my docker image. It's a harder to setup a local docker image, so this is easier.

First you need to create a free user account in docker.


Login to docker and provide your username and password

docker login

Next tag your image (kepung/my_image) where kepung is the name of my user.

docker tag my_image kepung/my_image

Push it

 $ docker push kepung/my_image

To see your docker images on the web, go to

https://cloud.docker.com/swarm/kepung/repository/docker/kepung/dotnetapp-prod/general


All rite, some FAQ.

If you rebuild your docker image and tag it say "hello-world", existing image gets overwritten

If you push the image with the same tag name, your image on the web, gets over-written too.


Pretty straight forward.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The specified initialization vector (IV) does not match the block size for this algorithm